Microsoft Windows binaries for fio
This site contains Windows binaries for fio, supporting XP, Vista, Windows 7,
8, 8.1, Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2.
The main fio site, which contains the latest code, is at http://git.kernel.dk/?p=fio.git.
Binaries for other platforms can be found via the fio freecode project.
fio 2.2.6 has been released
x64 installer: fio-2.2.6-x64.msi
x64 zip file: fio-2.2.6-x64.zip
x86 installer: fio-2.2.6-x86.msi
x86 zip file: fio-2.2.6-x86.zip
fio 2.2.3 has been released
x64 installer: fio-2.2.3-x64.msi
x64 zip file: fio-2.2.3-x64.zip
x86 installer: fio-2.2.3-x86.msi
x86 zip file: fio-2.2.3-x86.zip
fio 2.2.1 has been released
x64 installer: fio-2.2.1-x64.msi
x64 zip file: fio-2.2.1-x64.zip
x86 installer: fio-2.2.1-x86.msi
x86 zip file: fio-2.2.1-x86.zip
fio 2.2.0 has been released
x64 installer: fio-2.2.0-x64.msi
x64 zip file: fio-2.2.0-x64.zip
x86 installer: fio-2.2.0-x86.msi
x86 zip file: fio-2.2.0-x86.zip
fio 2.1.12 has been released
x64 installer: fio-2.1.12-x64.msi
x64 zip file: fio-2.1.12-x64.zip
x86 installer: fio-2.1.12-x86.msi
x86 zip file: fio-2.1.12-x86.zip
fio 2.1.11 has been released
x64 installer: fio-2.1.11-x64.msi
x64 zip file: fio-2.1.11-x64.zip
x86 installer: fio-2.1.11-x86.msi
x86 zip file: fio-2.1.11-x86.zip
fio 2.1.10 has been released
x64 installer: fio-2.1.10-x64.msi
- ETA no longer works when -o specified
- Fix crash on loading unknown IO engine with --ioengine
- Reset file count when freeing files
- iolog: remember to add bytes to total IO size
x64 zip file: fio-2.1.10-x64.zip
x86 installer: fio-2.1.10-x86.msi
x86 zip file: fio-2.1.10-x86.zip
fio 2.1.9 has been released
x64 installer: fio-2.1.9-x64.msi
- Windows: always open files in binary mode
On Windows, open() defaults to text mode, causing control characters
to be interpreted. Avoid this by passing the _O_BINARY flag.
- Add option for io_limit
'size' denotes both the size of the region for IO, as well as the
amount of IO to transfer. Sometimes it's useful to be able to set
them separately instead. With this patch, you can do:
and have fio do 10G of IO between 0..100G of the address space.
- verify: fix verification of uncompleted or errored ios
- Lots of other bug fixes.
x64 zip file: fio-2.1.9-x64.zip
x86 installer: fio-2.1.9-x86.msi
x86 zip file: fio-2.1.9-x86.zip
fio 2.1.8+ has been released
Note: the '+' denotes that additional fixes are included in addition to those
tagged with fio-2.1.8 in upstream code.
x64 installer: fio-2.1.8+-x64.msi
- Detect Windows operating system in ./configure
- Try a little harder to honor number_ios more accurately
- stat: fixup fio-dump-status file location
- Don't scramble buffers if compression is enabled
- Add support for file appends
- Fix wrong time conversion on --status-interval= command line
- iolog: Keep full path for logs files
- stat: fixing bw_agg reporting (It was wrongly set to the mean value
instead of the agg one.)
- Add 'f' (Finishing) flag to status output
- Fix JSON_INTEGER overflow on Windows by changing datatype to 'long
- Support limited mixed command line options and job file
- init: improve command line check for when to print usage/help
x86 installer: fio-2.1.8+-x86.msi
fio 2.1.6 has been released
x64 installer: fio-2.1.6-x64.msi
- allow general repeatability
- allow milliseconds on all time specifiers
- provide an option for a startdelay range
- add multi directory support
- allow to combine terse output with any selected output type
- flush log files on test end
- allow 0 as compress percentage
- Add support for the Google xxhash checksumming function
- Add option group/category to allrandrepeat
- Add support for cpus_allowed_policy
- Windows: add install directory to the Path environment variable
x86 installer: fio-2.1.6-x86.msi
x64 zip file: fio-2.1.6-64.zip
x86 zip file: fio-2.1.6-x86.zip
fio 2.1.5 has been released
x64 installer: fio-2.1.5-x64.msi
x86 installer: fio-2.1.5-x86.msi
fio 2.1.4 has been released
x64 installer: fio-2.1.4-x64.msi
x86 installer: fio-2.1.4-x86.msi
fio 2.1.1 has been released
x64 (64-bit) installer: fio-2.1.1-x64.msi
x86 (32-bit) installer: fio-2.1.1-x86.msi
fio 2.1 has been released
The slight jump in versions
(from 2.0.x to 2.1) is meant to signify that the experimental gfio gtk
frontend has now been merged into the main branch. Other changes:
- Support for specifying the randomness of a random workload. Instead of
having an on/off switch for random vs sequential, add a
percentage_random= option that allows you to have a workload that is
eg 80% random and 20% sequential by setting percentage_random=80.
- Make initial file fill honor the compression settings for compressible
IO buffers. Also caught a bug in that logic, where it could hang if
compress_chunk wasn't also set.
- gfio frontend. It should work fine for running various job files, on
the local machine or on a remote machine (it supports sockets or
tcp/ip v4/v6). There's very limited and not-very-tested support for
editing existing job files. Still some work to be done here.
- Fixes of the log_*() functions, we now catch incorrectly used format
specifiers just like we would with eg printf().
- Better Android integration
- Various other little fixes, tweaks, and even features.
x64 (64-bit) installer: fio-2.1-x64.msi
x86 (32-bit) installer: fio-2.1-x86.msi
x64 (64-bit) Zip file: fio-2.1-x64.zip
x86 (32-bit) Zip file: fio-2.1-x86.zip
fio 2.0.15 has been released
x64 (64-bit) installer: fio-2.0.15-x64.msi
x86 (32-bit) installer: fio-2.0.15-x86.msi
x64 (64-bit) Zip file: fio-2.0.15-x64.zip
x86 (32-bit) Zip file: fio-2.0.15-x86.zip
fio 2.0.14 has been released
- Autodetect features with a new configure script when building.
- Improve ETA for some workloads.
- Support for verify mode that requires no metadata, greatly reducing memory requirements for big device verify workloads.
- Ensures fsync is always done, even for direct/raw I/O (if asked to).
- Support for unified read/write/trim reporting.
- A few axmap and cpuclock bugfixes.
- Fixes zones and numjobs used together.
- Adds support for idle profiling, showing idle system CPU when running a workload.
- Various Windows fixes.
- FreeBSD now supports CPU affinities.
Many other fixes; all users should upgrade.
x64 (64-bit) installer: fio-2.0.14-x64.msi
x86 (32-bit) installer: fio-2.0.14-x86.msi
x64 (64-bit) Zip file: fio-2.0.14-x64.zip
x86 (32-bit) Zip file: fio-2.0.14-x86.zip
README: command-line parameters and how to build fio.
HOWTO: understanding fio configuration and output.
REPORTING-BUGS: how to report bugs.
MORAL-LICENSE: moral obligations.
Older versions can be found by browsing the releases directory.